The NY office of MSF-USA is seeking a donor services representative to respond to donor inquiries and provide the highest quality service in response to donor calls and correspondence. The in-house donor service team at MSF-USA provides high-level service to all of MSF-USA’s donors regardless of their giving history and acts as tier two support for inquiries that are escalated from the inbound call center. The position requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to learn and execute account updates in the donor database while simultaneously engaging with donors politely and consistently.
- Answers prospective and current donor questions on the telephone, by email, online chat, and by mail regarding MSF activities and programs, contribution options, and guidelines.
- Assists donors with donations, receipting, and with issues that cannot be handled by MSF’s inbound call center.
- Regularly reviews and updates the donor database with relevant donor codes and notes.
- Provides administrative support for major gifts, foundations, and corporations fundraising units.
- Provides input on the development of donor service communications materials including letters, email, and telephone scripts.
- Attends department meetings and in-house presentations on MSF’s field programs.
- Minimum two years administrative experience, preferably in a customer service and/or non-profit environment, plus BA, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
- Proven administrative skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; search the internet for research purposes; and learn new Windows-based programs. The position requires the ability to learn multi-step database routines and to execute them with a high level of accuracy and quality on a frequent basis.
- Persistent follow-up on donor requests and queries until they are resolved; ability to communicate with donors, colleagues, and department managers clearly and consistently.
- Prior experience with Revolution Online or other donor databases a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Interest in and knowledge of MSF’s programs and activities preferred.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area (no relocation package provided).
- US work authorization.
Salary Range: Low 40s (for a 35 hour work week) commensurate with experience, plus the opportunity for additional work hours, especially during the busy year-end season. Excellent benefits. Training opportunities and growth potential.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn.: Donor Services Representative Search.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Candidates are encouraged to apply, first consideration will be given on a rolling basis.