Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide aid to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters. MSF provides independent, impartial assistance to those most in need. MSF reserves the right to speak out to bring attention to neglected crises, to challenge inadequacies or abuse of the aid system, and to advocate for improved medical treatments and protocols.
MSF currently operates activities in 35 countries with a wide spectrum of programs. The Medical Project Unit in MSF New York is part of the Medical Department of Operational Cell – Paris and provides technical support for: Tropical Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Environmental and Surgical Epidemiology as well as eHealth/Medical Informatics. The eHealth team is being newly organized to provide an effective mechanism for rapid system analysis and development decisions that can efficiently bring to scale cross-MSF integrated health information platforms. Through this process, the eHealth team aims to strengthen programs, support quality improvement and program evaluation, and improve the care we deliver to our patients, in addition to contributing to “temoignage” and scientific research.
MSF is seeking to develop a comprehensive eHealth Information System that can be reliably and effectively deployed across multiple medical operations. This is a multi-year project that has a diverse portfolio of requirements, developments, tools and deployments. Under the general direction of the eHealth Unit Project Manager, the eHealth Implementation Specialist will work with all members of the eHealth unit team, various field teams, country coordination teams, medical and operations department to coordinate the implementation the new cache of eHealth tools.
- Develop and execute implementation of eHealth Unit tools in MSF projects, including installation, configuration and testing, database configurations and infrastructure troubleshooting
- Plan project implementation, including planning of project milestones, defining timeline estimates for development tasks, and planning iterations for implementation based on priority; including data migration
- Facilitate initial implementation of the country specific system (coordinate with MSF country and headquarters teams, other implementers, identify site super users/implementers, identify training needs)
- Manage implementation-related communication with country-level stakeholders and users: synthesize feedback from users, create and disseminate weekly status reports and release notices, internal updates
- Assess scope and undertakes work plan for new projects.
- Facilitate the on-site management of network and hardware systems deployed in projects implementing NEW information systems through training and accompaniment of site-based Informatics and IT staff.
- Design and implement systems for configuring servers, networking equipment, point-of-care and appliance-type devices, mobiles, and other hardware systems, that can be implemented step-by-step by field-based staff.
- Design automated processes for system configuration, software deployment, upgrades, data backups and other routine tasks that work for local and remote systems.
- Develop documentation, e.g. functional specifications, technical specifications, document code, configurations, technical architecture, etc.
- Develop expertise on usage, configuration and best practices related to the software
- Assist in evaluating, testing and documentation of new features and continuous development and improvement of specific areas of the system
- Serve as technical content specialist for trainings, curriculum development, presentations, and publications.
- Assist with planning for new projects by providing budgets for hardware and software requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, engineering, computer science, or a related field AND two or more years of professional experience in implementation of information systems.
- Experience in Server, Networking and Infrastructure Administration
- Good experience and understanding of how to troubleshoot basic networking issues such as DHCP conflicts and setting up network configurations, including experience in VPN setup and configuration and remote system monitoring and tools.
- Broad knowledge of web/internet standards, hardware and software technologies
- Willingness to travel internationally 25-45% time.
- Prior experience working in resource-poor settings; MSF experience strongly preferred
- French language, oral and written
- Salary – high 60s to low 70s commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation
- Training opportunities and growth potential
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com, ATTN: eHealth Implementation Specialist Search. NO CALLS PLEASE.