Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3 months
Location: New York City
Objective: To assist the Information Technology Team in maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting issues, while providing a practical learning experience to students interested in IT and operations for a large non-profit organization and in the general workings of a large international humanitarian aid organization.
Overview: The IT Intern will support the activities of the IT Team. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in learning about the deployment, use and support of desktops, laptops and phones on a national and international basis for non-profit and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Duties: The IT Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Recycle old desktops and laptops
- Image new computers
- Assist in swapping out old computers for new
- Schedule and install software upgrades for users
- Assist in set up of conference rooms when IT support is requested
- Respond to IT tickets as assigned
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from department members.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately.
- Knowledge of an IT ticketing system
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.