Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3 months
Location: New York City
Objective: To assist the Marketing Team in developing, maintaining, and organizing marketing materials, while providing a practical learning experience to students interested in marketing and fundraising for a large non-profit organization and in the general workings of a large international humanitarian aid organization.
Overview: The Marketing Intern will support the activities of a Marketing Team. S/he will learn how an organization maintains donor relations, markets itself to donors and the public, and the general activities of a Development department. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's programs, and how it operates in the United States. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in fundraising for a non-profit, as well as the administration of non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Duties: The Marketing Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Update and maintain MSF USA's marketing files, both paper and electronic, on current and past MSF projects (20%)
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with direct mail quality control projects (15%)
- Conduct analysis of industry marketing materials and trends (15%)
- Develop and maintain "creative wall" of MSF marketing materials (10%)
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with organization and dissemination analytic reports to development team (10%)
- Support Director of Marketing and Marketing Associate and Coordinator on other miscellaneous projects (10%)
- Fulfill requests for marketing materials from various parties(10%)
- Attend brown bag lunches, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows (10%)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from staff members.
- Strong Word, Excel, and database experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.