Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters, and exclusion from health care in more than 60 countries. When medical assistance is not enough to save lives, MSF will speak out against abuses its teams witness while providing medical relief.
Working independently, the Revenue and Accounting Associate ensures the accurate recording and analysis of all donations but for CGAs in a timely manner. She/he is responsible for ensuring that the Development database and accounting records are accurately reconciled in a timely manner, serving as primary lead with banks/brokerage firms on non-CGA donations and caging vendor, ensuring resolution of all unreconciled items and corrections. Prepares quarterly report of income by source, and monitors quality of financial performance of caging and banking vendors related to donations. She/he is responsible for fiscal reporting of all non-contribution related income and performs disbursement, A/P and other department activities on an as needed basis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Revenue Management (50%)
- Reviews reports from caging operations to ensure that all prior day donations - but for securities - are reflected as deposits in proper bank accounts. In a timely manner, performs bank reconciliation, investigating and resolving all unreconciled activities. Accounts for all transactions and necessary adjustments in the accounting system and manual books of records.
- On a daily basis, monitors, tracks and ensures accurate recording of all non-caging cash receipt activities, Ensures that bank reconciliations and resolution of all unreconciled activities are performed timely. Makes necessary adjustments in the accounting system and manual books of records.
- Primary contact with credit card merchant processors ensuring proper credit card and ACH income handling. Manages gateways and fraud protection controls for online donations.
- In a timely manner, monitors, tracks and ensures accurate accounting of all non-CGA security donations, their subsequent sales and related gain/loss on sale. Reconciles all donation, sale and related gain/loss activity with brokerage statements. Ensures that realized gain/loss on sale of securities are properly calculated and recorded. Communicates and resolves all discrepancies with appropriate contacts at brokerage firms (ie MSSB). Ensures that corrections to be made by brokerage firms are appropriately reflected in the subsequent month statement.
- In a timely manner, monitors, tracks and ensures accurate accounting of all endowments, historic and new ones. Reconciles brokerage statements to accounting records and makes appropriate adjustments. Primary contact with Development personnel in charge of endowments.
- In a timely manner, monitors, tracks and ensures accurate accounting of all non-CGA investment activities. Communicates and resolves all discrepancies with appropriate contacts at brokerage firms (ie MSSB). Ensures that corrections to be made by brokerage firms are appropriately reflected in the subsequent month statement.
- In a timely manner, monitors, tracks and ensures accurate accounting of all multi-year pledges made by donors including posting pledge receivables on MIP, adjusting receivables when donations are received, and reviewing target to make necessary adjustments. Communicate irregularities or unexpected events, including but not limited to unfilled pledge commitment, to the appropriate MSF manager.
Field Support (10%)
- Conducts desk audits of field projects, as requested by the operating centers and approved by Director of Finance
Management & Departmental Administration (10%)
- Participates in departmental meetings to share information, brainstorm solutions, and coordinate priorities.
- Minimum 3-5 years directly relevant work experience, plus at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related area, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated experience in business process analysis.
- Ability to communicate with non-finance professionals about financial and accounting matters
- Organized, detail-oriented, problem solving, individual
- Starting salary low to mid $50’s; Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation
- Training opportunities and growth potential
Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Revenue and Accounting Associate Search. NO CALLS PLEASE