The NY office of MSF-USA is seeking a seasonal donor services representative to respond to donor inquiries and provide the highest quality service in response to donor calls and correspondence during our busiest time of year.
- Answers prospective and current donor questions on the telephone, online chat, and by email regarding MSF activities and programs, contribution options, and guidelines.
- Assists donors with donations and receipting and with issues that cannot be handled by MSF’s inbound call center.
- Regularly reviews and updates the donor database with relevant donor codes and notes.
- Provides administrative support for major gifts and foundations and corporations fundraising units.
- Provides input on the development of donor service communications materials including letters, email, and telephone scripts.
- Provides support for donor account data hygiene projects.
- Minimum two years administrative experience, preferably in a customer service and/or non-profit environment, plus BA, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
- Proven administrative skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; search the internet for research purposes; and learn new Windows-based programs.
- Prior experience with Revolution Online, Raisers Edge, or other donor database a plus.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area (no relocation package provided).
- US work authorization.
Rate of pay: $15–$18 per hour, commensurate with experience, for a 35-hour work week. Opportunity for additional work hours, especially during the height of the busy year-end season. Hours 35-40 pay at same base rate; hours worked over 40 pay at time and a half. No benefits.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn.: Seasonal Donor Services Representative Search.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by August 8, 2014.