The NY office of MSF-USA is seeking a full time operational liaison to advance progress on vaccination in target countries but also across the entire portfolio including vaccination in emergency situations. The position will liaise and work closely with the MSF OCP desks and med department and coordinate with the movement's vaccination platforms. the position will be a key facilitator for advancing MSF OCP immunization objectives and the communications and advocacy linked to those operations.
- To act as the focal point linking field operations, medical referents, access campaign vaccine responsible and communications dept in translating field experience into communication, campaign and advocacy messaging.
- Link the operational advances (Med-Ops) to the Access Campaigns advocacy and communications work on products, prices and policies providing field-based context examples for reports, PR’s, op-eds, social media campaigns conferences/workshops .
- Liaise with OCP communications/MSF USA/CAME to support communications messaging and strategy around vaccination operations linked to CAME advocacy agenda.
- Liaise closely with the desk for Chad and South Sudan and the country vaccination focal points (under recruitment) to advance MSFF’s priority country work; also with all desks including emergency desk on the introduction of new vaccines in emergency contexts. To document successes and constraints and integrate these elements into the advocacy and communications campaign.
- According to country level obstacles identified by the country vaccination focal point (in 4 target countries) or by the desks in other countries (including immunization in emergency situations) this position will provide advocacy support in collaboration with Access campaign and Medical advisors to challenge/resolve these obstacles.
- Internal communications: Provide regular feedback to medical and operations direction, NY office and operations depts, evaluation of progress, adaptation of strategies etc
- Deliver presentations on country experience, provide interviews, etc., as requested.
- Accompany Vaccine medical referent visits to fields (especially priority fields) if feasible, to understand areas for improving routine immunization, innovative vaccination activities, use of new vaccines, etc. Participate in any relevant country level workshops to support plan development, gather operational advocacy/communications material.
- Develop a yearly budget for expenses directly related to the position.
A desirable candidate encompasses the following qualifications, competencies, and experience:
- Project management “experience; analysis of problematic, analysis, strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience working with MSF in the field at a project management level
- Ability to work and facilitate a wide group of individuals with diverse expertise
- Medical/Non-med/communications or advocacy background; understanding of public health an advantage
- Experience working with vaccination programs a plus
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Bilingual in French/English
- Availability to travel up to 40%
Status: CDD 1 year
- Permanent contract, full time basis based in NY able to spend 25% in Paris and short visits to field or within Europe.
- The nature of your employment contract and salary will be determined by your administrative situation.
Starting Date: asap
Please send your application letter (letter of motivation and resume) by email at: email@example.com by September, 22nd 2014
Indicate the following reference in the mail subject line: VAC/FP-0814