- Applicant completes an online application form, a motivation letter, and a current CV (resume).
- Field Human Resources Officer (HRO) screens the application and responds within four weeks of receipt of application.
- Positively screened applicants are invited to interview with a Field HRO, either in the New York office, or during recruitment visits that are scheduled throughout the year in various U.S. cities. (MSF cannot cover expenses associated with the recruitment process)
- Following an interview and reference check, suitable applicants are invited to attend Information Days in New York (travel, meals and lodging are paid for by MSF).
- Following completion of Information Days, successful applicants are accepted into the pool of active field staff.
- Placement is entirely dependent on field needs, and may take from four weeks to six months.