Title: SAP HR / HCM – Functional Support Analyst
Location: New York
Duration: Initial 18 months with a fixed to permanent option
Starting date:As soon as possible
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
MSF is embarking on a global SAP HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. The selected global HRIS platform is SAP HR/HCM with e-Rec.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now in the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e-rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project.
Whilst working within the functional stream, the functional support analyst will be part of a team of 3 functional support analyst, liaising between global Symphony team and Local MSF project & support roll-out’s within his/her region. He/she will be accountable for application maintenance & service delivery, configuration & demand management, release management and service validation for testing for all the countries within his/her region. This is a challenging position within a stimulating environment in a major international organization.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office you will be a member of the functional team within Symphony Program, you will be based in New York to cover for AMER countries functional support and you will report directly to the SAP HR/HCM – support & release coordinator. You will be delivering functional support for Symphony countries in scope within your region, either being in support or project phase. You will need to actively interact with all other MSF functional team members (testing and training teams) and work closely from a collaborative and team building approach with the 2 other functional support team members working across different time zones ( EMEA, APAC).
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Being a key member of the functional support team means you will focus on delivering a timely functional support on HR processes in scope for Symphony provided through SAP HCM and E-Recruitment/ESS-MSS systems.
You will help MSF Symphony users from a service oriented approach by analysing and solving issues (either incidents/bugs, change requests and training request), as well as provide technical support/input to SAP HCM trainers and testing manager on localizations within your region for the Symphony global template, keeping track of local HR legal regulations. You will also support & participate in the different roll-outs in your time zone during project delivery phase as per Symphony planning and roadmap.
Application Maintenance & Service Delivery: work as a 2nd line support for incidents/bugs, change requests and training requests within global Symphony support organization, gathering, analysing and providing the required solution according to user needs, consulting with 3rd line support within functional team when needed to be escalated, according to SLA’s defined for the Symphony global support model; provide support to the support and release manager coordinator on the set-up of a global support organization together with the local counterparts within each local support organization; update transactional data in SAP HCM, acting as a local superuser during the transition period before all sections and OC’s are live in Symphony so that all cross-admin processes can take place between contracting and managing office while not all of them are live in the system.
Configuration & Demand Management: keep track of local change requests for countries in scope within your region, assisting version & built of the system during application roll-out for future enhancements & integrations planned for change requests coming from both support and project phase different local MSF recruitment offices & sections.
Release Management: act as a local focal point for release management within application portfolio for countries within your region, coordinating with global functional team & service providers/consulting development teams on release schedule for SAP HCM/e-Rec that support multiple project deliverables, helping to identify & investigate release show stoppers across development & testing teams.
Service Validation for Testing: support testing manager in planning regression testing when localization on each country of your region is impacted, according to defined Symphony implementation roadmap and different releases planned, liaising with third party providers.
V. MAIN TASKS
· Local support for release management for the different versions/releases planned for Symphony roadmap, together with new change requests coming from fit-gap analysis roll-outs and support local needs in their region
· Work with the external supplier together with functional testing and training manager to ensure on time delivery
· Support in harmonization/localization of local HR processes in scope for the Symphony program during the different roll-outs in their region
· Work with local HR-IT support contacts to analyse and set-up the global support structure, processes & procedures
· Support test and training managers on local HR processes per country with his/her knowledge
· Act as back up for other functional stream activities in case of emergency
· Keep metrics and provide reporting to the support & release coordinator on local service delivery and SLA’s (incident, problem and change management);
· Coordinate and work together with all other members of the functional support team from a collaborative approach, working remotely across different time zones (EMEA, APAC, AMERICAS)
Qualifications and work experience
· 2+ years SAP HR experience both working in implementation & support phases with at least 1 full cycles implementation;
· Knowledge of HR processes and how SAP HCM/E-Recruitment can support them from a global template approach in a decentralized governance environment;
· Experience in working in remote teams across different time zones
· Understanding of release and change management strategy within a single client global SAP landscape;
· Exposure to all phases of development and deployment software lifecycle;
· Experience in post go-live support and after care for post-implementations;
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English; French and Spanish are considered a plus;
· Flexible, can occasionally work outside standard working hours to meet other time zones needs;
· Willing to perform quick business trip on major MSF office locations.
· Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF;
· Experience in working with third party systems integrators;
· Experience working with off-shore and on-shore resources;
· Experience of large international global template HR-IT programs;
· Application landscape knowledge and experience on master data/transaction data update within a single client environment
· Multitasking and experience in working in 2nd line support and SLA’s reporting and monitoring;
· Dynamic and self-motivated, handle work stress;
· Experience of working internationally across different cultures as well as within cross-location teams ;
· Presentation and listening skills.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Contract: Fixed term - 10 months - Full time contract
Location: New York
Candidates must already have the right to work in US
Deadline for applications: 20th September 2017
Please submit all applications only by email to:
email@example.com stating “SAP Functional Support Analyst” in the subject/title.
Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your full name. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Low to high 80’s USD, salary commensurate with experience. Great benefits and generous paid time off. A friendly, supportive environment with growth potential. EOE.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted -