Type: Temporary Part-time Non-Exempt for 6 months
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in over 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe, primarily due to armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, exclusion from health care, or natural disasters.The New York office of MSF is seeking a temporary part-time Administrative Assistant for the Executive Department to provide support to Executive Staff and the Board of Directors.
Who you are: For this position is it important that you are:
- Available to work flexible hours between 8am-6pm from Monday to Friday
- Arranges travel and accommodation for Executive Department staff and Board of Directors adhering to MSF travel guidelines (including domestic and international flights, hotel, ground transportation, and visa applications).
- Provides support on finance related tasks for the Executive Department. Assists in processing credit card reports and other administrative tasks relating to financial tracking.
- Provides other administrative support as needed under the supervision of the Board and Executive Liaison Officer and in coordination with the Executive Intern, such as booking phone lines, conference rooms, etc. for meetings and conference calls. Coordinate logistics for in-person Board meetings.
- Organize and maintain institutional documents pertaining to the Board on the MSF movement-wide intranet.
- Provide additional admin support to the Executive Director and Board and Executive Liaison Officer, such as maintaining the ED calendar, scheduling meetings, arranging signatures, organizing files, and answering phone calls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately
- Flexibility and ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Proven time management and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work both with a team and independently to handle a large volume of work
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and databases
- Experience in bookkeeping and accountancy preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Genuine interest of in humanitarian work and international current events
- Commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles
To apply, send cover letter and resume by Friday, January 20, 2016 at 11:59pm EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Administrative Assistant Search. Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed.
As this is a part-time position, all applicants are encouraged to state their availability within their cover letter for consideration.
Starting salary: $26-27 per hour, plus excellent opportunities for professional growth and development.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis prior to the final deadline. The targeted start date for this position is Monday, January 30, 2017. If applicant is not based in New York, please indicate in cover letter ability to relocate. Note that no relocation or immigration assistance will be provided.
For more information, please visit our website: www.doctorswithoutborders.org
No calls please.