The mission of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is to deliver emergency medical care to the victims of war, disease, malnutrition and disaster, without regard to race, religion, or political affiliation. Our teams go where others are not going, where conditions are the worst—because that’s where we’re needed most.
The NY office of MSF-USA is seeking a seasonal Donor Services Representative to respond to donor inquiries, and provide the highest quality service in response to donor calls and correspondence during our busiest time of year.
· Answers prospective and current donor questions on the telephone and by e-mail regarding MSF activities and programs, contribution options and guidelines.
· Assists donors with donations and receipting and with issues that cannot be handled by MSF’s inbound call center.
· Regularly reviews and updates the donor database with relevant donor codes and notes.
· Provides administrative support for major gifts and foundations and corporations fundraising units.
· Provides input on the development of donor service communications materials including letters, email, and telephone scripts.
· Provides support for donor account data hygiene projects.
· Minimum two years’ administrative experience, preferably in a customer service and/or non-profit environment, plus B.A., or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
· Proven administrative skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
· Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software, to search the internet for research purposes and to learn new Windows-based programs.
· Prior experience with Revolution Online, Raisers Edge or other donor database a plus.
· Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area (no relocation package provided).
· US work authorization.
Rate of pay: $15 - $18 / per hour, commensurate with experience, for a 35-hour work week. Opportunity for additional work hours, especially during the height of the busy year-end season. Hours 35-40 pay at same base rate; hours worked over 40 pay at time and a half. No benefits.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Attn.: Seasonal Donor Services Representative Search.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by September 22, 2017.