A charitable remainder trust allows you to make a significant gift towards the future of MSF's work while providing an income for yourself and family or friends.
How a Charitable Remainder Trust Works
You transfer cash, securities or other assets to a trust. The trustee invests the assets, and the trust pays income to you or to individuals you name for life or for a term of years. When the trust terminates, MSF receives the remainder.
The trust may be a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (fixed payments) or a Charitable Remainder Unitrust (fixed percentage).
Benefits of a Charitable Remainder Trust
- Income for life or a term of years
- A current charitable income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution
- Capital gains tax savings if you fund the trust with appreciated assets
- Reduction in your taxable estate
- The satisfaction of making a significant gift to MSF, helping to ensure the future of our programs.
To learn more, please contact your attorney or accountant, or contact Beth Golden, Planned Giving Officer, at 212-655-3771 or email@example.com.
Be part of MSF
Our supporters, donors, and fundraisers are a vital part of the MSF movement.
Find out how you can support MSF's lifesaving work.