Thank you for your interest in supporting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) with a cause related marketing (CRM) campaign. MSF evaluates each CRM opportunity to ensure that we are raising funds for our programs in a manner that provides the best possible care to our patients, protects our image, and respects our limited resources.
Below is an overview of our policies guiding CRM activities.
- Companies must contact MSF for permission to engage in CRM activities in support of the organization.
- Companies engaging in CRM must meet our corporate gift acceptance policy. MSF will not engage in CRM campaigns that sell products or services, or promote industries from which it cannot raise funds.
- MSF requires that companies engaging in CRM activities be bound by a signed contract between both parties. This contract defines the scope of the initiative and the company’s financial commitment to MSF; stipulates that MSF retains the right to review and approve all related communications; and requires that the company provide a financial report on the donation.
- MSF cannot endorse any products, services, or companies. The organization will not conduct communications for or about a company, product, or campaign.
- MSF will not share its donor contacts and other mailing lists with companies.
- MSF operates under a strong conviction regarding transparency and accountability to all stakeholders. This philosophy extends to CRM campaigns. To this end, MSF requires that all campaign materials clearly state the company’s financial contribution to MSF as a percentage of the sales price or in dollars per unit sold.
- Large companies must agree to a minimum contribution of $100,000 to engage in a CRM campaign with MSF. Small businesses must agree to a minimum contribution of $10,000 to engage in a CRM campaign with MSF. The organization does not engage in CRM campaigns that include a maximum contribution limit.
- Companies are responsible for complying with all relevant state and federal laws.
To discuss your company’s cause marketing proposal, please contact Kat Read at (212) 847-3140.
Please note: Until a fully executed agreement is received, use of the Doctors Without Borders name, logo, or any of its licensed marks is prohibited.