Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, and to victims of armed conflict, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. When medical assistance is not enough to save lives, MSF will speak out against human rights abuses and violations of humanitarian law its teams witness while providing medical relief.
MSF is currently seeking a Drupal Web Developer for a fulltime six month contract role, with the possibility of transitioning into a full time staff position (with full benefits) after the contract period. The Web Developer will work as a part of the MSF Web Team, an international distributed team responsible for MSF’s Web presence and overseen by management (Director of Communications and Web Project Manager) at MSF's New York office. This position requires regular onsite presence, based in any one of MSF's country offices in North America or Europe, but for the right candidate could transition into a primarily remote position after the initial contract period.
DRUPAL DEVELOPMENT AND DRUPAL SITE BUILDING (70%)
Working as a member of the MSF Web Team, the Web Developer is responsible for the maintenance, ongoing growth, expansion of functionality, and support of the MSF Drupal content management system and international country site Web platform, MSF Association multisite Web platform, and a host of other smaller internal and external MSF Web sites.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Develop migration scripts for moving older sites onto the Drupal platform
● Perform sitebuilding activities, including creating and modifying content types, views, contexts, and blocks
● Develop and troubleshoot custom modules for the Drupal platform
● Install, test, and debug contributed modules
● Evaluate designs and wireframes for potential development issues
● Update and upgrade Drupal to solve performance and scaling issues
● Install and maintain mini sites in different server/hosting environments
INTERNAL CLIENT & TROUBLESHOOTING SUPPORT (20%)
● serve as an internal Drupal and Web support agent on the Web Team’s support helpdesk, providing assistance to MSF's international web and editorial network
● make suggestions on content and the creation of newly planned Drupal sites
COORDINATION AND PLANNING (10%)
● Contributes technical knowledge to the MSF Web Team to help determine and implement key objectives and achieve specific goals for MSF on the Web
● Participate in and assist in the moderation of all regularly schedule Web Team group meetings and conference calls
● Advanced Drupal 7 site building skills
● Theming/CSS experience
● Experience building custom contributed Drupal modules to extend functionality on any Drupal site using Drupal’s Hook API
● Experience with Git and version control and source code management (SCM) systems
● Experience with advanced Drupal tools, including Drush, Features, CTools, and Panels
● Ability to accurately estimate work required for Drupal development tasks
● Knowledge of Cloud Server hosting or Acquia hosting
● LAMP/MAMP environment administration experience
● Participation in the Drupal community and awareness of changes and innovations to Drupal core.
● Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology
● Advanced understanding of Google Analytics and performance measurement
● Experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
● 2+ years of professional Web development experience with Drupal sites, plus Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills, keen attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
● Ability to communicate effectively
6 month contract; possibility of converting to full time (with full benefits) after contract period
Permanent Position Conditions*:
● Salary – high 60s to low 70s USD, commensurate with experience
● Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation; Training and professional development
*based on need and resources after contract and on US residency; subject to local office
payscale and benefits if based outside of US
Send cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Web Developer (contract)
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE. THIS IS AN ONSITE ROLE FOR A SINGLE WEB DEVELOPER