Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters, and exclusion from health care in more than 60 countries. When medical assistance is not enough to save lives, MSF will speak out against abuses its teams witness while providing medical relief.
MSF-USA is seeking an eHealth Implementation Coordinator to facilitate the deployment of a comprehensive eHealth Information System that will be deployed across multiple projects. This is a multi-year project that has a diverse portfolio of requirements, developments, tools and deployments. Under the general direction of the eHealth Unit Project Manager, the eHealth Implementation Coordinator will work with all members of the eHealth unit team, various field teams, country coordination teams, medical and operations department to coordinate the implementation the new cache of eHealth tools.
The eHealth Implementation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the implementation of electronic data collection tools, including the medical record repository. The post holder will also engage in assessing project specific functionality as required to support MSF objectives. The eHealth Implementation Coordinator will provide technical and analytical perspectives to meet organizational goals, including periodic monitoring and audits, as well as reporting.
- Plan project implementation, including planning of project milestones, defining timeline estimates for development tasks, and planning iterations for implementation based on priority; including data migration
- Facilitate initial implementation of Headquarters and country specific systems (coordinate with MSF country and headquarters teams, other implementers, identify site super users/implementers, identify training needs)
- Manage implementation-related communication with country-level stakeholders and users: synthesize feedback from users, create and disseminate weekly status reports and release notices, internal updates
- Assess scope and undertakes work plan for new projects.
- Facilitate on-site management of network and hardware systems deployed in projects implementing NEW information systems through training and accompaniment of site-based Informatics and IT staff.
- Design and implement systems for configuring servers, networking equipment, point-of-care and appliance-type devices, mobiles, and other hardware systems, that can be implemented step-by-step by field-based staff.
- Design automated processes for system configuration, software deployment, upgrades, data backups and other routine tasks that work for local and remote systems.
- Develop documentation, e.g. functional specifications, technical specifications, document code, configurations, technical architecture, etc.
- Develop expertise on usage, configuration and best practices related to the software
- Assist in evaluating, testing and documentation of new features and continuous development and improvement of specific areas of the system
- As the project scales up facilitate the management of the support team and assist in troubleshooting
- Contribute towards the development of existing and new system functionality
- Serve as technical content specialist for trainings, curriculum development, presentations, and publications.
- Assist with planning for new projects by providing budgets for hardware and software requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor’s level degree
Experience: A minimum of five years of work experience in public health programs OR MSF administrative or logistics field experience is required.
Experience with clinical or health-related information systems, including OpenMRS, District Health Information System (DHIS) is desired
Language: English (fluent) reading/writing/speaking is required, working knowledge of French is preferred
Comprehensive knowledge in managing information systems incorporating public health and programmatic data elements, confidentiality issues, security issues, and compatibility issues related to large health database systems is required.
An in-depth knowledge of the range of programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health program is required.
Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities is required.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communications skills to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships
Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required. This includes the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings, as the work is highly complex
Considerable innovation will be required to facilitate the adoption and use of new tools Incumbent is also required to have broad computer skills and the ability to use office software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical packages.
Willingness to travel internationally 35-55% time.
Demonstrable ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Driven to take initiative and show leadership in new or existing technical areas
Proven ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy
Demonstrated ability to interact professionally within culturally diverse settings
Salary – high 60s to low 70s commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation
Training opportunities and growth potential
To apply, send letter of interest and CV to: Employment.email@example.com, Attn: eHealth Implementation Coordinator
No calls please.