Manager of Prospect Research & Systems
Under the direction of the Major Gifts Director, and with the assistance of a Major Gifts Information Assistant, manage and conduct prospect research, mine existing data, and provide input in developing the best strategies for cultivating major donors that consistently upholds the highest ethical standards and safeguards the confidentiality of our donors, and that meets the strategic fundraising needs of MSF-USA.Ensures that all proper systems and data maintenance are in place to support these activities and provides support and guidance to all MSF representatives who meet with major donors.
Prospect Research, Cultivation and Solicitation Strategy
- Collaborates closely with Director of Major Gifts, and others as appropriate, to review research and identify prospects (from existing donors as well as potential donors) and to develop solicitation strategies.
- Leads, conducts and manages donor research; identifies and utilizes tools to mine data for maximum impact.
- Ensures that prospects are contacted, files are updated, and appropriate next steps are identified, scheduled and implemented.
- Oversees and assists with development of presentation materials for donor meetings and appeals, including materials for the donors, as well as donor background information for the MSF representative.
- Monitor and report on industry and societal trends which might impact fundraising.
Major Gifts Administration and Management
- Manages effective coordination of major gift data, including ensuring proper classifications that meet analysis needs, data quality, gift acknowledgements, pledge data, and appropriate integration with Operations and/or Finance, as needed.
- Represents Major Gifts needs to Fundraising Systems to continue to improve departmental systems to track donor information and history.
- Hires, manages and evaluates a Major Gifts Information Assistant and participates in the hiring and effective management of office volunteers, work-study students and/or interns for administrative tasks within the Major Gifts area.
- Contributes to the development of the Major Gifts annual plan, designed to meet priority funding needs and to effectively communicate about MSF field activities and advocacy efforts, and that meet the needs, objectives, and policies of MSF.
- Contributes to revenue, activities, costs, and operations analysis to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Min. 3 yrs. experience conducting major gifts prospect research for donors giving $5,000 and up.
- Min. 3 years experience devising solicitation strategies and conducting moves management.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in data mining and scoring prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize research and to develop and adapt strategies appropriately.
- Experience with and knowledge of broad uses of donor databases and contacts management, with a strong preference for Team Approach, Raisers Edge or similar database.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee data integrity and to coordinate systems that improve efficiency.
- Very strong computer skills, including the ability to create complex spreadsheets, conduct internet research, and maximize the effectiveness of database and reporting tools.
- Strong manager; facilitator; integrator, with min. 3 years staff management experience.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to write routine business correspondence.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated interest in the work of MSF strongly preferred.
- Starting salary upper 60s low 70s
- Excellent benefits, including 4 weeks vacation
- Training opportunities and growth potential
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com, ATTN: Manager of Prospect Research & Systems. Application deadline August 15, 2013.
NO CALLS PLEASE
All Employment Opportunities