Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Executive Department heads the office Management Team, and works in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to guarantee the overall functioning of MSF-USA and MSF-USA's involvement in the larger MSF movement.
The New York office of MSF is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for the Executive Department to provide support to Executive staff and the Board of Directors.
- Arranges travel and accommodation for Executive Department staff and Board of Directors adhering to MSF travel guidelines (including domestic and international flights, hotel, ground transportation, and visa applications).
- Coordinates logistics and take minutes for Board of Directors and all staff meetings; organize meeting materials as needed.
- Provides support on finance related tasks for the Executive Department. Assists in processing credit card and expense reports and other administrative tasks relating to financial tracking.
- Provides other administrative support as needed under the supervision of the Board and Executive Liaison Officer and in coordination with the Executive Intern, such as booking phone lines, conference rooms, etc. for meetings and conference calls.
- Organizes and maintains institutional documents pertaining to the Board on Sharepoint.
- Provides additional support to the Board and Executive Liaison Officer as needed, such as maintaining the calendar for the Executive Director and the Board President, scheduling meetings, logistic support for meetings and conferences, arranging signatures, and answering phone calls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven administrative or assistant experience, preferably with senior management
- Ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately
- Flexibility and ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Proven time management and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work both with a team and independently to handle a large volume of work
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with taking meeting minutes and synthesizing outcomes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and databases
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Genuine interest in humanitarian work and international current events
- Commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles
- Availability to work additional hours for board meetings on Saturdays (around 4 times a year).
- Familiarity with, and/or commitment to mastering web conferencing software (e.g., Webex, Zoom).
Part time Non-exempt
Open Ended contract
Starting salary $27.00 - $28.00 an hour (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
December 9, 2019
Working Time %
60,00 (21 hours a week)
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter and resume by Friday, October 25, 2019 at 11:59pm EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Administrative Assistant Search. Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis prior to the final deadline. The targeted start date for this position is Monday, December 9, 2019.
If applicant is not based in New York, please indicate in cover letter the ability to relocate. Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.