As a health promoter you will assess, define, implement and supervise all Health Promotion and Community Engagement activities in the project area. These activities are aimed towards increasing the community’s knowledge on health and health risks, improving current health practices, promoting MSF services, and supporting preventive activities with community collaboration.
This will be achieved through outreach activities bridging project and targeted population, while respecting the culture and practices of different communities to optimize our information, education and communication strategies. You will analyze local culture, traditions and health perception to support the social mapping, and adapt effective health practices while maintaining a strong link to our medical activities. Responsibilities also include developing and adapting our health promotion material according to your analyses to ensure relevance, adequacy, and comprehension. As this is a supervising role, other crucial elements are recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of the local health promotion staff of the project.
- Must meet general requirements
- Minimum commitment of 9 to 12 months
- 2 years field experience in health promotion in a developing country or with vulnerable populations
- Team management and direct supervision experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Sociology, Social Communications, International Training, Anthropology, or Public Health
- Training in health education or promotion of community health
- Broad experience in health education working with diverse communities
- Familiarity with tropical diseases and infectious diseases
- Solid command of French and / or Arabic