All our projects require competent personnel to support the medical staff and keep activities running from an administrative perspective. As the person responsible for project human resources, you will undertake one of the most diverse and challenging roles within a Médecins Sans Frontières team.
Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as your role requires supporting both international and local staff. You will liaise with local authorities and service providers in relation to all project human resources issues and local labour laws. You may also be part of the country management team, coordinating Human Resources for a number of field projects at the same time and contributing to discussion and decisions around project direction.
Human resources positions are based either in the capital city of countries in which Médecins Sans Frontières operates, with regular visits to field projects in order to better understand the local context and provide effective support to the field-based teams, or in field projects themselves.
- Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Minimum commitment to work in the field for 9 to 12 months
- Relevant experience in a developing country or humanitarian context
- Professional experience supervising, managing or training staff
- Minimum of two years professional experience working with:
- Human resources management
- Human resources planning and strategy
- Development and implementation of human resources policies
(e.g. recruitment, performance management)
- Staff development and training
- Human resources administration
(e.g. payroll, benefits, contracts, databases)
- Labor law and relations
- Facilitation of work permits, visas, traveL
- French or Arabic language (B2 or above)
- Relevant diploma, preferably an advanced degree in human resources management
- Experience in revising salary grids and implementation of other HR projects
- Experience in bookkeeping, payroll, financial planning and accounting