Supply logisticians are either based in the project or in the capital, and work closely with all departments, ensuring that accurate forecasting is done so that the project has the capacity to respond immediately to urgent medical needs as they arise.
Supply logisticians are responsible for ordering all supplies for the project. They often have experience in supply chain management and have strong skills in managing spreadsheets and databases. Training, supervising and managing local staff is a key responsibility, and the supply team may be comprised of storekeepers, purchasers, supply logistics assistants and laborers. A large part of the supply logistician's work is to build the capacity of these local staff, as well as to ensure safe and fair working conditions and manage administration of the department. Supply logisticians also have frequent interaction with local authorities and organizations and often oversee the implementation of security protocols to ensure the safe movement of cargo into the project.
- Must meet general requirements
- Minimum 9 to 12 month commitment and willingness to commit to MSF for several assignments.
- Experience in supply chain management, e.g. needs assessment, order management, purchasing, stock management and freight management
- Experience with organisation and set-up of supply administration and related supply procedures
- Warehouse management skills
- Familiarity with cold chain maintenance and procedures
- Experience in supervising and managing others in a logistics capacity
- Relevant diploma, preferably a university degree
- Experience in bookkeeping, payroll, administration, accounting, and/or human resources management
- Solid command of French and / or Arabic