Join the movement
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) surgeons work predominately in conflict settings providing care to communities without access to functioning health care systems. Surgical cases include general, trauma, obstetrics, pediatrics, burn and reconstruction, working with all ages.
Basic diagnostic equipment and facilities needed to run an operating room will be limited: there may not even be an X-ray machine. Responsibilities include general surgery, surgical-needs assessment, and training of local staff.
Please not that we are not currently recruiting Orthopedic Surgeons or Vascular Surgeons. We are actively recruiting General Surgeons, Trauma Surgeons, Pediatric Surgeons and Plastic / Reconstructive Surgeons with a particular emphasis on French speakers and longer availability (6+ weeks).
- RECENT EXPERIENCE in EMERGENCY OBSTETRICS
- Must meet general requirements
- Minimum commitment of 6-8 weeks
- Valid degree and current license
- At least 2 years work experience post residency
- Current or recent practical experience
(i.e. at least 6 months of clinical practice within the last two years)
- Ability to work with limited technical resources
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- General / Trauma surgery - Pediatric surgery
- Plastic / Reconstructive surgery
- Willingness to help with operating room organization
- Experience with surgery in a war or conflict setting