Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Do you love being the hub of a busy team? Can you bring order to the chaos and take plans from paper to reality? Does managing multiple projects at one time while constantly looking to improve processes appeal to you? Then you’re a great fit for the Marketing Assistant role at Doctors Without Borders USA.
We’re a busy, creative, and collaborative team responsible for raising $207 million in 2020 to fund life-saving programs. We need a proactive, admin-loving marketing assistant to support us and ensure everything runs smoothly.
In this role you’ll report to the Senior Marketing Manager, Strategic Operations and provide critical support for the Marketing Director. Your responsibilities will include
- Plan and manage the logistics for team meetings including multi-day vendor summits
- Take organized and actionable meeting notes, transfer ideas into documentation, and follow up on action items
- Support reconciling the 2019 budget and transitioning the team to the new finance system in Q1 2020
- Support the team in producing marketing reports and presentations
- Support staff and vendor onboarding
- Support the hiring process e.g. schedule interviews and manage job test process
- Support the team-wide annual planning process
- Own the marketing team space: ensuring it’s tidy, the staff have the resources they need, the display wall and monitors have up-to-date information/samples
- Become a digital project management tool power user. Ensure documentation is maintained, provide input into best practices and support for team questions and issues.
- Manage our archives and handle sample requests
- Be the point of contact and resource for marketing-related needs and questions from Development, the broader MSF-USA team, international MSF offices, donors, and members of the public as needed.
- Research for team projects and activities as required
- Other support as needed for marketing team programs and projects, such as the monthly giving program.
You love the craft of the administrative profession, thrive in a busy environment with changing priorities and have a can-do attitude with excellent accountability. You should also have:
- Previous administrative experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Customer service orientation: you love to help, and problem solve!
- Fantastic communications skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail, with 100% follow-through
- Responsible, pro-active, driven and able to work independently
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A quick and enthusiastic learner
- A hands-on team player, comfortable in a fast-paced “all hands-on deck” environment
Full Time Non-Exempt
Fixed Term Contract
Starting salary $17.00 - $19.00 (commensurate with experience)
The role is currently a 12-month fixed term contract but is under review and pending approval to become a permanent full-time position in January 2020.
Desired Hiring Date
January 2, 2020
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
ATTN: “Marketing Assistant” position. Submissions with a cover letter preferred. No phone calls please..
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019