Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Are you a detail-obsessed problem solver with an analytical mind? Can you help ensure the Marketing Team at Doctors Without Borders has the impeccable data we need to shape our strategies, reach the right donors with the right messages, and raise big funds for our lifesaving work? If so, we would like to hear from you.
As Marketing Data Specialist, you will manage data and data quality for fundraising and cultivation campaigns across all channels, including direct mail, email, digital advertising, and telemarketing. You will collaborate across the marketing team and with vendors and other departments to support data objectives and help drive revenue growth.
You will be the central point person within marketing who can view all data requests from a fundraising lens. You will have the critical job of ensuring we are reaching the right donor segments with the right creative in a campaign or donor journey, and that data pulls are not working at cross purposes. You will also ensure we can effectively and efficiently measure and report on campaign performance and testing in order to make data-driven business decisions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- pulling, transforming and loading data from our donor database;
- auditing data quality, investigating and fixing data problems;
- reviewing and asking questions on campaign segmentation plans to ensure top down logic is in line with strategy
- creating an ad hoc report for a marketing campaign or fundraising event
- participating in a kickoff meeting for an innovative new marketing campaign to ensure we will be able to accurately execute on segmentation and report on data
This is an opportunity for someone with a head for data, strong communication abilities, and an interest in fundraising and marketing to develop skills for working with massive amounts of data to execute strategic marketing plans. You will be an integral part of an energetic, supportive and innovative team dedicated to taking our fundraising to the next level.
In this role you will report to the Senior Marketing Manager for Strategic Operations. Your responsibilities will include:
Supporting segmentation, planning, execution and analysis
- Participate actively in project kick off meetings to help identify data challenges and opportunities and ensure we are making smart data, segmentation and reporting decisions.
- Ensure campaign segmentation accurately matches strategy.
- Ensure data pulled from donor database and marketing cloud platform are correctly segmented for mail, telemarketing, and digital campaigns.
- Participate in weekly calls with marketing agency, donor database and analytic vendors to help troubleshoot pending data issues related to segmentation strategy and execution.
- Effectively manage and prioritize campaign data responsibilities in our digital project management platform Workfront.
- Create, manage and implement source codes to track behavior and revenue, and to ensure accurate data analysis for testing results and fundraising strategies.
Ensuring data quality and segmentation accuracy
- Be the data quality point person for Marketing.
- Perform quality control checks on campaign data and quality control audits on key dashboards and reports.
- Provide insight and guidance to the marketing team and vendors on how to best approach data quality in areas like database segmenting and campaign tracking.
- Ensure results from all campaigns across all channels are uploaded into donor database.
- Audit data synchronization between donor database of record and third-party fundraising and communication platforms, and troubleshoot problems.
- Support implementation of all vendor data models and overlays; manage updates and reporting of quarterly index data.
- Troubleshoot errors and fixes source data or identifies transformation problems.
- Conduct periodic reviews of marketing data rules and processes. Work with marketing managers to identify where improvements may need to be made or data flags and pulls may be working at cross purposes.
- Play a supporting role in conversations about data governance and business rules.
Uploading, transforming and pulling data
- Ensure campaign data files uploaded to donor database are accurate.
- Fulfill ad-hoc data requests from Marketing team as necessary.
Analysis and reporting
- Create ad hoc and scheduled reports for a variety of campaigns and activities with an eye to generating actionable insights.
- Develop power user expertise in the interactive PowerBI visual reporting dashboads generated by our analytics vendor, in order to support reporting and insight requests from the marketing team.
- Knowledge of basic relational database concepts and technology.
- Ability to compare complex data sets via SQL, Access or other means.
- Experience with Revolution Online (ROI) donor database and/or Salesforce CRM
- Experience visualizing data for reports in a tool such as PowerBI or Tableau.
Full time Exempt
Open ended contract
Starting salary high 50s to low 60s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
November 4, 2019
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: email@example.com,
ATTN: “Marketing Data Specialist” position. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Please note we do not accept phone calls during the recruitment process.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: October 11, 2019