Job Posting Title
Marketing Project Manager
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Are you organized and skilled at keeping projects on track and do you find fulfillment in seeing them through to completion? Do you want to play a pivotal role on an energetic, innovative, and growing marketing team?
As Marketing Project Manager at Doctors Without Borders you will plan and manage projects related to digital and integrated marketing fundraising and communications campaigns. The Marketing Project Manager has serious project management chops, and an eye for powerful messaging, design and storytelling that will drive fundraising, engagement and advocacy goals. This role sits at the center of our digital and cross-department integrated campaigns ensuring compelling campaigns are developed and executed on time, on budget, and on brand.
This is a critical, visible role within Doctors Without Borders that will facilitate campaign development and drive critical business goals across the organization including: donor acquisition, conversion, engagement, upgrade, and reactivation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Marketing Campaign Project Management
- Collaborate across teams and departments to plan and execute marketing campaigns, partnering with internal stakeholders to prioritize, maintain project schedule, strategy, and business targets
- Develop project plans for campaigns, sharing and managing these to successful and timely completion utilizing our digital workflow management platform (Workfront)
- In collaboration with stakeholders, play an active role in developing powerful content, offers, and campaigns including the generation of creative briefs, recommendation of suitable content such as images or videos and ensuring brand consistency
- Conduct project meetings and be responsible for project tracking and analysis, including the preparation of project progress reports and close-out reports
- Provide day-to-day work guidance to the project team, which may include marketing team members, vendors, and hired consultants/freelancers
- Serve as the primary point of contact for creative, communications, and strategy, insights & analytics colleagues for campaign execution
- Support the development of pre-emergency response marketing plans and materials and project manage their implementation during emergency response periods
- Spearhead the introduction of Agile project management practices in the team including evaluating where Agile processes fit best, developing a pilot and roll out plan and training
- Keep an overview of all internally-developed content, ensuring the use of strong, relevant content across multiple channels. This includes monitoring campaigns and content developed by other MSF offices internationally.
- Play a role in sourcing, onboarding, and managing a digital asset management platform for the central management of content and assets.
- Highlight areas for improvement within current work processes and recommend/implement solutions and process improvements to be adopted across the team.
Extent of Public Contact
Represents MSF to key vendors and freelancers. Interacts with other marketing staff from international offices.
- Project management: You need to be highly organized to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard while keeping all parties updated and ensuring project administration, reporting, and billing is completed.
- Diplomacy and stakeholder management: you need to be able to manage stakeholders from a variety of levels and functions within the organization, reconcile different points of view, and adapt communication style and approach based on the stakeholder/s.
- A track record of successful teamwork, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to produce effective documentation, such as strategy documents, creative briefs, project plans, wrap-up reports, presentations, and KPI reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to present and persuade.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office and extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Creative flair with problem-solving skills and a customer service mindset.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience leading integrated marketing campaigns and/or projects (3-5 years), client-side or agency, plus BA, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects across teams
- Dedication to meeting a high bar and a history of overcoming challenges.
- Strong understanding of creative processes such as briefing and managing feedback
- Solid understanding of all aspects of digital marketing
- Eye for compelling storytelling, photography, video, design, copywriting, messaging, and branded creative that drives results
- Experience successfully managing complex vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of vendors and consultants.
- Certification in Agile Project management and/or project management certification such as PMP, CMP
- Experience running projects in a digital project management or workflow tool like Workfront
Full Time Exempt
Open Ended Contract
Starting salary high 70s to low 80s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
September 30, 2019
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
ATTN: “Marketing Project Manager” position. Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: September 6, 2019