Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Are you a people person with a passion for helping others? Do you take pride in problem solving and staying on top of important details? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Doctors Without Borders is seeking a seasonal Part Time Donor Services Representative to work in our New York office. In this role, you will serve as one of the primary points of contact for our donors, helping answer their questions, solve their problems, and facilitate their donations. You will provide high-quality customer service both on the phone and through e-mail during our busiest time of year. You will represent Doctors Without Borders to the public with warmth, tact and diplomacy, and help our donors understand the critical role they play in our lifesaving work.
This is an opportunity for a detail-oriented, reliable, and self-motivated person looking to get experience in speaking with donors and working within the development department of a non-profit organization. You will be an integral part of a supportive, energetic and committed nonprofit marketing team during our busiest time of year.
In this role, you will report to the Donor Services Associate, Partner Program Liaison. Your responsibilities will include:
Providing Donor support
- Answer prospective and current donors’ questions by phone and e-mail and help them understand the important work they support.
- Patiently and diligently address donors’ complex questions about donations, receipting, and other issues to give them the best possible experience with MSF.
- Regularly review and update the donor database with relevant codes and notes so the team can track donor trends and histories.
- Provide administrative support for the major gifts, foundations, and corporations fundraising units so that large donations can be safely processed and acknowledged.
- Support donor account data hygiene projects with strong attention to detail and follow-through to ensure accurate reporting.
You are a strong, clear, and tactful communicator with excellent judgement skills. You pay strong attention to quality, detail, and accuracy.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit development or marketing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Proven administrative skills, including keen attention to detail and accuracy, 100% follow-through, and ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to use Word, Excel, and database software, ability to search the internet for research purposes, and ability to quickly learn new software.
- An ability and willingness to embrace and represent the Doctors Without Borders mission and voice.
- A quick and adaptive learner, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stay calm and tactful under deadline pressure and when dealing with difficult donor questions or unhappy callers.
- Prior experience working in Revolution Online (ROI), Raisers Edge or other donor database.
Part time Non-Exempt
Fixed term contract
Starting salary $18.00 to $20.00 an hour (commensurate with experience)
Desired Hiring Date
October 15, 2019 – April 30, 2020
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: email@example.com,
ATTN: “Seasonal Part Time Donor Services Representative Search” position. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
We do not accept phone calls for recruitment.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019