Making a gift of stock is a simple and powerful way to support the lifesaving work that Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) teams are doing every day. It also offers you a number of financial benefits:
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
If you have any questions about the two-step process for stock donations below, contact William Donas in the Donor Services department at 212.847.3158.
Live in Canada? You can give a stock gift by visiting the MSF Canada website.
Stock donation instructions
Step 1: Complete your transfer
Contact the institution where your stocks are held and let them know you’d like to transfer the shares to the Doctors Without Borders account at Morgan Stanley. You may need the following codes:
DTC # 0015
Account # 478-018094-479
Should you require it, MSF’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 13-3433452.
Interested in making a gift of mutual funds, bonds, or stocks in the form of a physical certificate? These types of donations may be handled a little differently. Contact William Donas at 212.847.3158 and he can quickly guide you through the process.
If you or your broker have any technical questions regarding the transfer, contact our account manager at Morgan Stanley, Paul Azzaretto, at 212.692.2984.
Step 2: Let us know about your gift
Stock donations transferred to our account aren't accompanied by donor information. We want to be sure we can acknowledge your gift and send you a tax receipt, so please be in touch. There are a few easy ways you can share your gift details, which include the name of the stock, the number of shares, and the date of transfer:
- Submit this gift information online using our Online Stock Gift Notification form below
- Contact William Donas directly:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 212.847.3158
- Download our Stock Gifts Notification Form and
- Fax the completed form to William Donas at 212.679.7016, or
- Mail the completed form to: Doctors Without Borders USA, Attn: William Donas, 40 Rector Street, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10006
As soon as your gift is identified, we’ll send you an acknowledgement letter in the mail.