Details of how to share your gift of stock with MSF.
One of the most advantageous ways to contribute to MSF is through a gift of stock. Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
To contribute stock view our 2-step instructions.
The instructions linked above include all information necessary to contribute stock. If you have questions or need additional information you may call 212-679-6800 and ask to speak with William Donas in Donor Services.
If you reside in Canada, please visit www.msf.ca.
Be certain to notify MSF of your/your client's stock gift.
Stock donations transferred directly to our broker arrive in our account with no donor information. For MSF to provide a receipt for a stock gift it is essential that we know the donor's name and address as well as the type of stock, number of shares, and expected date of transfer.
- Should you require it, MSF's Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 13-3433452.
- Receipts for stock gifts, provided that we have the donor's contact information and gift details, are generally sent during the first week of the month following the month in which the stock transfer took place.
- Many mutual funds cannot be transferred directly into our account. If you are interested in making a gift of mutual funds please call 212-679-6800 and ask to speak with William Donas in the Donor Services department.
Be part of MSF
Our supporters, donors, and fundraisers are a vital part of the MSF movement.
Find out how you can support MSF's lifesaving work.