One of the most advantageous ways to contribute to MSF is through a gift of stock. Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
To contribute stocks see our 2-step instructions below. If you have questions or need additional information please contact William Donas in the Donor Services department at 212-847-3158.
If you reside in Canada, please visit www.msf.ca.
Stock Donation Instructions
Step 1: Complete Transfer
Instruct institution where stocks are held to transfer the shares to the Doctors Without Borders account at The BlueStone Group using the following codes:
DTC # 0015
Account # 478-018094-628
Should you require it, MSF's Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 13-3433452.
If you are interested in making a gift of mutual funds or if your stock is in the form of a physical certificate please contact William Donas at 212-847-3158 as these types of donations may require different processing procedures.
Should you or your broker have any technical inquiries regarding the transfer please contact our account manager at The BlueStone Group, Jennifer Rabara, at 212-692-2972.
Step 2: Notify MSF of Gift
Stock donations transfer to MSF's account with no accompanying donor information. In order for MSF to identify your gift and send a tax receipt you will need to provide us with the gift details including the name of the stock, the number of shares, and date of transfer.
Please notify MSF of your donation in one of the following ways:
- Submit your gift information using our Online Stock Gift Notification form
- Download our Stock Gifts Notification Form and mail the completed form to: Doctors Without Borders USA, Attn: William Donas, 333 7th Ave Fl 2, New York, NY 10001 or fax the completed form to (212) 679-7016 to the attention of William Donas
- E-mail these details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone William Donas at (212) 847-3158 to provide this information
As soon as your donation is identified, an acknowledgement letter will be issued and sent to you by postal service.