Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) surgeons work predominately in conflict settings providing care to communities with limited access to functioning health care systems.
As the majority of our vacancies are in Francophone contexts, proficiency in French is required.
Surgical cases include general, trauma, obstetrics, pediatrics, burn and reconstruction.
Basic diagnostic equipment and facilities needed to run an operating room will be limited. Responsibilities include general surgery, surgical-needs assessment, and training of staff.
Click here to see a generic job profile and potential career path with MSF.
Role Specific Requirements
- Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Commitment to work internationally for a minimum of 8 to 12 week assignments
- Active medical license
- Experience performing cesarean sections
- Previous experience in a low resource setting (priority given to those with experience working in a humanitarian context)
- Minimum of two years relevant professional experience post surgical residency
- At least 6 months of clinical practice within the last two years
- Ability to work autonomously with limited materials and resources
- Ability to work within a diverse team