All our projects require competent personnel to support the medical staff and keep activities running from an administrative perspective. As the person responsible for project finances, you will undertake one of the most diverse and challenging roles within a Médecins Sans Frontières team.
You will be responsible for project accounts, cash management and security, budget control and financial reporting. You will liaise with local authorities and service providers in relation to all project finance issues. You may also be part of the country management team, coordinating the financial resources for a number of field projects at the same time and contributing to discussion and decisions around project direction.
Finance positions are based either in the capital city of countries in which Médecins Sans Frontières operates, with regular visits to field projects in order to better understand the local context and provide effective support to the field-based teams, or in field projects themselves.
Click here to see a generic job description and potential career path with MSF.
- Compliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Commitment to work in the field for a minimum of 9 to 12 month assignments
- Previous experience in a low resource setting (priority given to those with experience working in a humanitarian context)
- Professional experience supervising, managing or training staff
- Minimum of two years professional experience working with:
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Financial reporting
- Employee payroll and benefits
- French or Arabic langauge (B2 or above)
- Advanced degree in accounting, business administration, or other related area
- Experience with tax compliance matters
- Familiarity with human resources procedures
- Ability to understand and function in different legal environments