Doctors Without Borders office teams are working remotely as part of our collective effort to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. If you have mailed your donation, it will be held at the post office. All other donors, please use one of the following alternative donation methods:
- Online: Visit our donation page
- Mailing: Until further notice, please send all gifts, including donor-advised funds and IRA gifts, to our main processing center at: Doctors Without Borders, PO Box 5030, Hagerstown, MD 21741-5030
- Wire transfer: please contact Donor Services via toll-free at 1.888.392.0392 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to reach out directly to Donor Services.
Looking for a meaningful way to honor a loved one’s memory or to commemorate a holiday, birthday, wedding, or other special occasion? Making a donation as a gift for someone is the perfect way to celebrate a loved one while supporting the life-saving work and mission of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
What are the ways to make a tribute donation?
A tribute donation is a meaningful way to help MSF respond to crises and emergencies, in celebration of someone you love.
Gift for a special person
You can show someone that you’re thinking of them by donating to MSF in their honor.
Honor the memory of someone
By giving in memory of a loved one who has passed, you not only carry on their legacy but support MSF’s life-saving work and mission.
How to make a donation in honor of someone
When you donate in honor or celebration of someone, we send a tribute certificate or e-Card, letting them know about your gift. If you prefer, you have the option to remain anonymous.
Once we’ve processed your gift, we’ll send you an acknowledgment letter that serves as your tax receipt.
There are a few simple ways you can make a tribute donation:
- Online: Making a tribute gift online via credit or debit card is quick and easy. You have the option of sending an e-Card to your gift recipient’s inbox, or mailing them a physical tribute certificate. Making your tribute gift online minimizes our costs of processing and postage, and also lessens our collective carbon foot print. You have the option to remain anonymous.
- Phone: Call us toll free at 1.888.392.0392. You can make up to eight tributes with any representative.
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- PO Box 5030
- Hagerstown, MD 21741-5030
Please note that a minimum of $10 is required per tribute.
How long will my donation take to process?
When you make a donation in honor of someone, it can take up to four weeks for your tribute notification letter to arrive in your gift recipient’s mailbox. If you’d like notification of a tribute donation to get to your recipient more quickly, sending an e-Card is your best bet.
Donation processing tends to get busier at the end of the year. If you’re looking to have a physical gift letter delivered by December 25th, we recommend you submit your tribute gift by December 5th.
Will my gift recipient see how much I donated in their honor?
No. When you make a tribute donation, the amount of the gift only appears on the acknowledgment letter/tax receipt we send directly to you. Your gift recipient receives a separate letter or confirmation that does not include the amount.
Any other questions?
You can also call donor services at 1.888.392.0392 or email email@example.com.